What are the Pros & Cons of having a property manager?
How much power can they wield?
Is it worth the money?
See our page on ONLINE Banking, Quicken
Code of Ethics they promise to follow if they belong to the various organizations.
CACM CA Assoc of Community Managers
Links & Resources
CA Dept of Real Estate – Operating Cost Manual – Administration – Management
Business Judgment Rule, which requires that decisions by directors be:
- In good faith,
- In a manner which the director believes to be in the best interests of the corporation, and
- With such care, including reasonable inquiry, as an ordinarily prudent person in a like position would use under similar circumstances. (Corp. Code §7231(c).)
Los Angeles Times 1.4.2015 – Manager should NOT interfere with meetings! There is no requirement that managers even attend board meetings, and it is generally better if they do not. There are many board directors’ duties that are non delegable, and as fiduciaries, board directors cannot delegate statutory duties to anyone. managers are not to interfere with the business of the board and the association. Are the board members acting in good faith and in the best interests of the association and its titleholders? If there is confusion about the rules and logistics of these meetings the board’s questions are better put to the association’s counsel than the manager.
Board Member Introductory Material
- Guide for Serving on a Condo or HOA Board
- A basic guide to board, annual and general meetings. How to run an effective meeting and keep it short.
- How to Set New Board Members Up for Success
- How to Keep HOA Meetings Fair & Friendly
- Check our our collection of video's
Robert DeNichilo, Esq on Now I'm on the Board - What did I get myself into?
Summary of Open Meeting Act 4900 - 4950
by Curtis Sproul Esq
Life Insurance Buyers Guide
Video on how much coverage for death protection you need